Re: [Mldonkey-users] NetBSD 100% Cpu

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] NetBSD 100% Cpu
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:37:03 +0100

Le Sat, 28 Dec 2002 19:43:40 +0100, Karsten Kruse <address@hidden> a écrit
:

> could not set option use_poll
> option [use_poll] not_found /home/karsten/bin/mldonkey/downloads.ini

That's not an option, just a command.

> waitung for breaks 22790
>
> The number increases since mldonkey is running. I don't like numbers
> that increase but never decrease ;). Harmless in this context?

That means that mldonkey receives more sources addresses that it can test
(no more than max_clients_per_second, and that also includes connections to
sources that are already known). It's queuing them, so it uses some memory.

For files that have more than

        max_sources_per_file * good_sources_threshold/100

"good sources" (sources that could be reached in the last 45 minutes),
mldonkey should stops actively searching for sources, but may still receive
sources (late replies, sources propagation,...)

It looks like you're still flooded by sources addresses. Either you have a
low max_clients_per_second (on the other hand a high value would be a bad
idea), very high max_sources_per_file, a good_sources_threshold >= 100,
or you're downloading very popular files (possibly several, I've never seen
such heavy flood on my box).

My proposed solution was to simply drop the new sources, since it looks we
will never run out of them anytime soon ;)
Maybe dropping sources when file_enough_sources condition was a bit extreme,
and something like "all known sources could be reached in the last 30
minutes", meaning we're really under flood condition, would be better ?

Anyway, what's now planned by mldonkey is to queue new sources in a more
compact(memory wise) format, so we can use them later if some of our active
sources stop working...
Stay tuned ;)