Re: [Mldonkey-users] emule killed mldonkey.. that's a fact

From: Stephane Goulet
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] emule killed mldonkey.. that's a fact
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:05:17 -0500

> Maybe someone who knows pretty much about the different client protocols
> should kindly ask for cooperation in the Emule forums. Maybe the give
> in... Or they will give a bit of documentation on their protocol
> extensions...

If i remember well, when emule appeared, one of their developper said on
edonkey forums "I dindn't know there was another open sourced client"
(huhuhu, one of the sillyest thing i heard...:P ) And he said that the emule
team would be in contact with the mldonkey team and work together to
integrate improvements from each other and create new ones together... So
far, never heard from any emule developpers around.... Only some emule mod
developpers who just wanted to know how to get sources from us.. And the
coding facts were some client banning introduced by emule... one ask in 10
min is ok, but ask at least every 30 minutes.. well.. and besides that the
*fact* that emule likes our bytes but dosent like to send us theirs, as
probably for the original edonkey client.

So, sorry but i don't think you will get anything from them instead of "kill
your evil witchcrafing client", "switch to a recent os you unix dinosaur"
etc, etc.. ;)