[Mldonkey-users] emule killed mldonkey.. that's a fact

From: Marc
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] emule killed mldonkey.. that's a fact
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 12:37:32 +0100

well after a couple of weeks of very very slow downloads and not only slow
but very long ones.. I decided to kill one of my two donkeys and to try the
latest emule (24a).

I launched three downloads yesterday. The same files were definitely stucked
in my other mldonkey client for one or two weeks..
In less than 18 hours emule downloaded an average of 60% of the files, the
lazy one has only 25% downloaded and the most popular one is almost done and
will be finished within 24h.

What strikes me is that mdl shows a minimum of 150 sources for those files
and the most popular one has over 600 sources in mld whereas emule only
shows 34 sources for this "popular" file !!
The other two files have less than 20 sources in emule !

the last thing i tried, to boost my mldonkey, was to assigned a "friend
slot" to my mld client in emule. But it does not seem to use it at all...
maybe it's an emule bug.

I will try to download a very popular file to check the highest download
rate i can get with emule but i'm afraid it will also be much better than
what i could get with mld 2.01+.

I saw my mld in emule a couple of times and it's recognized as an edonkey
client vers 61 alright, but it definitely doesn't make it any faster for
downloads..

The only way around i can see from now on would be to fake mld as an emule
client and maybe try to hack the download ratio (Q factor) assigned by emule
to other clients.. although from what i can see in my downloaders list in
emule, it does not assign so many slots to emule client rather than to
edonkey clients..

I don't really know what else to say.. maybe quit edonkey and go for overnet
as fast as we can..
I am using mld cvs and it was updated at least three time over the past
week..

Marc