Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?

From: Klaus Imgrund
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:50:11 -0200

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:28:13 +0100
Christian Klein <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 08:56:18PM -0200, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
>
> > I don't have a problem with uploading more than I get down - I
> > upload with 25-28k and that is full most of the time.
> > What I don't like is that I leech from one client to give it to
> > another. Over the last three hrs my up/down looks like this to me:
> >
> > mldonkey old/new 10/10% up/down
> > edonkey          0 /20% up/down
> > overnet          0 /3 % up/down
> > emule            90/65% up/down
>
> Well, at least you get 65% of all stuff from emule. The difference
> between up and down is not that big, and if you don't count the d/l
> from overnet and edonkey itself, you get about 87% from emule and 13%
> from mldonkey (i.e. if you had disabled edonkey and overnet because
> you don't give anything to them...), meaning you would have nearly
> equal upload and download rates.
>
> For me it's different: % of seen clients / % of upload / % of download
> edonkey :  2.41 / 55.26 / 44.67
> mldonkey: 15.73 / 12.27 /  4.89
> overnet :  0.95 /  0.00 /  9.98
> emule   : 80.93 / 32.46 / 40.46
>
> (I use newest CVS with the 4 patches by pango and standard settings,
> i.e. slots for emule reduced).

I didn't reduce the slots for emules with the stats I got there.I just
wanted to see if I get more downloads from them if I set it to 100
instead of 33.
With 33 I get about 10% of my downloads from emules.This whole stuff
seems to be highly dependendant on what files you download,too.
I also would like to upload one or the other Bit to overnet.
And again - I don't want anybody to include an option into mldonkey to
ban emules.I was just curious how it could be done to see what happens
if you do - didn't mean to get into a huge discussion about the politics
of p2p.

Klaus