Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?

From: Klaus Imgrund
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:04:25 -0200

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 17:50:04 +0100
Roland Arendes <address@hidden> wrote:

> hi Jarek Hirny,
>
> >> is there any way to ban emules completely?I'd rather don't have any
> >> downloads from them and give others some uploads.
> JH> What  do  you  want  to  do, divide the ED network in two parts? I
> JH> hope your request will never be implemented...
>
> Same opinion here. Furthermore, he bites the hand that feeds him.
>
> I get about 30-60% of all downloads from emule, the same percentage
> goes back to them.

I think this is completely missunderstood.

First of all this isn't a feature request.

Second of all - I don't want to be fed by emules if they download 10
times of what they upload and the clients where my downloads come from
get 10% from me from what they gave me.I don't want to be a leecher!

Third - I don't want to up or download from emules to see how that
works.I don't see the harm in that if I don't take anything from them.
It's not like I want only to disable my upload to emules, I don't want
anything down either.

Hand that feeds me - less Pathos pls.I get about 10% of my download from
emules and upload to them is about 60%.I rather don't have the 10% and
for that give the 60% to somebody that gives me something

Plus: Me? Dividing the network?Didn't know that I can do that.LOL

Klaus