Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?

From: Jarek Hirny
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 18:14:29 +0100

Hi.

> It's not really a request.The network is already divided between emule
> and everybody else.

You seem to be alone with your opinion. I repeat what I already posted a few
days  ago:  "Disagree.  eMules  constitute  20%  of  my downloads and 40% of
uploads   (even   though   I  use  the  version  without  max_emule_uploads,
2-01-3...)".  And  though the number may vary by a few percent, the ratio is
still pretty the same.

> Heck - you already got to only give them 25%
> of the upload slots and they pull 10 times what they upload.

I  don't  like this feature and I don't use it at all. eMule users cannot be
pure  leechers  since eMule enforces UL/DL ratio like 1:4, so they must give
sth away.

I  also  asked a friend of mine to take a look at EMule statistics. It looks
like  this:  462  emules,  182  edonkeys  and  no  single  other client. I'm
wondering why eMules just don't know about us.

--
Jarek Hirny * http://agnus.eu.org * fidonet:2:480/96.666 * icq:92898666