Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?

From: Klaus Imgrund
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] banning emule?
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 20:56:18 -0200

 That is not compatible with my vision of the peer-to-peer file
> sharing ! Most of the people use a DSL line, so what anybody download
> comes from a DSL upload, that is to say about 16KB/s : that is why
> download should be equal about to upload.
> Do you agree with this or not ?

I don't have a problem with uploading more than I get down - I upload
with 25-28k and that is full most of the time.
What I don't like is that I leech from one client to give it to another.
Over the last three hrs my up/down looks like this to me:

mldonkey old/new 10/10% up/down
edonkey          0 /20% up/down
overnet          0 /3 % up/down
emule            90/65% up/down

So basically I do leech from edonkey and overnet and upload to
emule.Understandably the edonkey and overnet people are upset about
this.
Don't like it.

Klaus