Re: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey

From: Martin
Subject: Re: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:36:04 +0100

Mike Jones wrote...
> Hey, that is what I do!  I modify source to no upload, connect to all
> servers in server list simultaneously, and auto-download all files with
> "xxx" in the filename.  Giggle, giggle.
> Oh wait.. no it isn't.  I've better things to do with my life.  And so
> do most people.  (uh, that was sarcasm up there... I hope that was
> obvious :) )

Gee - that would mean another binary: mlxxxaddict

> Who cares about idiots who sit in their basement thinking they are
> "getting away" with something on a p2p network.  Bits and bytes .. they
> have their own pitiful way of living, why focus on them all the time?

IMHO youre right

> be frustrated.  Don't focus on the lowest of the low.  Instead, you
> must lead.  Don't waste time battling cock roaches.

(i think you meant cockroaches)

Here we go:
client_stats
Uptime: 8002 seconds (0+02:13)
                Total seens:                 69
                    eDonkey:                 40 (57.97 %)
               old mldonkey:                  0 (0.00 %)
               new mldonkey:                  1 (1.45 %)
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
                  old eMule:                  0 (0.00 %)
                  new eMule:                 28 (40.58 %)
                     server:                  0 (0.00 %)
Total filerequests received:                165
                    eDonkey:                 41 (24.85 %)
               old mldonkey:                  0 (0.00 %)
               new mldonkey:                  1 (0.61 %)
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
                  old eMule:                  0 (0.00 %)
                  new eMule:                123 (74.55 %)
                     server:                  0 (0.00 %)
You didn't download anything yet
              Total uploads:          140089600
                    eDonkey:          102586624 (73.23 %)
               old mldonkey:                  0 (0.00 %)
               new mldonkey:            5222400 (3.73 %)
                    Overnet:                  0 (0.00 %)
                  old eMule:                  0 (0.00 %)
                  new eMule:           32280576 (23.04 %)
                     server:                  0 (0.00 %)
You didn't ban any client yet

> complicated system than one can sum up in one sentence, but whatever
> it is, and whatever it becomes, should be offered in mldonkey.   Maybe
> it is the unlimited queue that is worse than the credit system?

Ack - still cant see any good of an unlimited queue

> >>  People on emule like to press a button -> set priority to release
> >>  mode.  It is fun and "feels" good to the user.

Ack - we need that too

> If the GUI had options in a chart:
[snip uninportant gui-toys]

Theres only one thing i can say:
Quote: Yeah, yo momma dresses yo funny any you need a mouse to delete files!

> Per File Priorities [Release/Normal/WhateverEmule has]
> Share System [Credit/Speed Ratio/No Upload, I want to leech]
> (uh, just kidding on that last one)

ROL

> M> That's the reason why I use mldonkey and Simon implements the features
> M> I want :), when he is not introducing bugs somewhere else ... (I will
> M> not forward my mail to him :) ) I'm a dummy user with wishes, and he is
> M> my god.

> I've never seen Simon post on here.  He showed up at just the right
> time?  Jekyll/Hyde?  Who knows... Yes, whomever works on sources is
> great.

sed -e 's/^.*great/god/' -e 's/sources/ocaml-sources/'
(i like sed)