Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey

From: Logi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 22:51:45 +0100

Hi,

>> theirs. And i don't care if they get 0 upload slots, they should just not
>> put us on infinite queues and they'll get an appropriate ratio of slots..
>
>A "nice" approach could be to dinamically set the % of upload slots by
>brand but also reserve an upload slot just for emules (as we did for
>mldonkey clients).

Not much of a difference to the eMule credit system.

They reward clients the more they upload to them and download less to leechers.
You want to reward brands that upload most to you and download less to other
brands.

Only difference I see is that you want a credit system based on brand (normal
users,
mod users, manipulated mod users) all thrown together while they judge each
client on
its own.

>Of course, the problem would be -as usual- the cooperation between both
>brands' developpers.
>
>Or is it an utopia?

Sadly I think it is. Both clients each have some advantages over the other
and coorperation would be the best for both.

But as already stated on this mailing list the MLD developers will not
approach the eMule devs and although I'm not on their mailing lists I fear
the eMule devs think similar. :-(