Re: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey

From: Mike Jones
Subject: Re: Re: [Mldonkey-users] eMule Mod to emulate mldonkey
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:37:59 +0000

So clients can then fake being Emule, not connect, trying faking as mldonkey
and then maybe getting a slot?

So many of these threads miss the point of why the Emule credit system pisses
people off ==>  You can't fake it.  The system limiting access is controlled
completely by the stored ratios in the specific user's host software.  Nothing
can be circumvented by the connecting client.

Reserving slots is just an open door for future cheats.  Keep it simple and
fair.