Re: [Mldonkey-users] Regarding MLDonkey suggestion about long queues...

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Regarding MLDonkey suggestion about long queues...
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:38:08 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> another problem with long queues is my T_DSL line, a new IP every 24 hours.
> For people with the same problem an option like "max_queue_length" could
> really improve things. It makes no sense entering a 5 hour queue and
> getting a new IP after 3 hours.

I think it was mldonkey who brought in the idea of caching rare chunks and
so...

Since mldonkey users are a minority... Wouldn't it be nice if we could
help other mldonkeys?

I'm thinking of asking other mldonkeys to get some chunks for us.

Mldonkey said it would be nice to cache rare chunks if the client is doing
little work, in order to make availability better.

What if an mldonkey client could ask the rest of the community: "Can
someone get this chunk for me?". Other mldonkeys that are idle and have a
permanent ip, or a better connection, could try to get that chunk (since
it would be easier for them), then cache it, so the other mldonkey would
be able to get it.

I hope it makes any sense :)

One drawback of this idea: I definitely *not* want emule clients to be
able to ask us for this.

Greetings,

Sergio