Re: [Mldonkey-users] Bytes of the incomplete chunks are not saved when k

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Bytes of the incomplete chunks are not saved when killing MLDonkey (CVS 2.02-5)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:52:30 +0100

Pierre Etchemaite wrote...
> Le Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:05:06 +0100, Martin <address@hidden> a écrit :
> > if you got 40 files the worst
> > case would be if you almost downloaded a new chunk for every
> > file.
> source for each chunk, so if you download a file from several sources
> in parallel, you certainly have several partial chunks too.

Didn thought abut that but you are absolutely right...so my worst case
scenario was not the worst at all....

So the worst case *could* happen when you
* start 40 files at the same time (progress=0bytes)
* download all chunks from all files almost complete (1byte missing)
* restart mldonkey
in this case you would download all your 99,99% files....sound pretty
bad...so dont restart mldonkey!

PS: Sometimes my mld uses a lot of memory and cpu too - normally right
before finishing a new file (hashing i think) but sometimes just for
fun! This keeps up for a few minutes and then it calms down to normal
behaviour. i can live with that.