[Mldonkey-users] [short, without files, sorry] it was "mldonkey cuts my

From: Xan
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] [short, without files, sorry] it was "mldonkey cuts my internet connection"
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 21:38:22 +0200

Hi,

I have mldonkey 2.5.22 (although I tried with the last 2.5.24 in address@hidden
and the same result obtained) and SpeedStream 5600 router with NAPT mode
enabled (I have a little home net).

I have 256/128 bits of ADSL connection and my limits of download and upload
are prudent: 18kB of download and 2 of upload. So I have 5kB of marging.

When I run mlnet, and after some time, internet connection brokes. I could not
connect to any web page ("The connection was refused when attempting
to contact www.google.com" is the error I received in any webbrowser) and, in
general, my interernet connection is broken.

But surprinsely I could run ping with a good result. So I deduce that the tcp
(perhaps too udp) traffic is that brokes.

I don't know what is the problem and how I can solve that.

In the following link:
http://libertonia.escomposlinux.org/comments/2003/3/2/222244/3414/25#25
(spanish) somebody said that has the same problem that me.

And in the two following links, someones announces that have the same problem
with emule:
http://www.adslnet.ws/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5311&highlight=mldonkey+satura+red
http://www.adslnet.ws/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4178&highlight=mldonkey+satura+red

but the people apoints that the router is the guilty. I don't know but I don't
think that. I believe that it's a problem related to some configuration
patterns.

Personally, in xmule, amule, giFT and otthers P2P clients this did not happen
never. So I believe that it's a bad param config or mldonkey bug.

I wonder if anyone could solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Xan.