Re: [Mldonkey-users] [short, without files, sorry] it was "mldonkey cuts

From: Xan
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] [short, without files, sorry] it was "mldonkey cuts my internet connection"
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 00:00:52 +0200

> Curtis Magyar (<Curtis Magyar <address@hidden>>) va escriure:
> On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 21:38 +0200, Xan wrote:
> > SpeedStream 5600 router with NAPT mode enabled (I have a little home
> > net).
>
> I have a SpeedStream 5360, which my ISP gave out firmware upgrades for
> about a month back that fixed exactly this issue for me.  It hasn't
> happened even once since.  Our modems are specific to our ISP, but maybe
> the latest upgrade for yours contains the same fix.
>
> http://kb.efficient.com/display/1n/index.asp?c=&cpc=&cid=&r=0.5745203

Thanks for your suggestion, Curtis, but the firmware of my router is the
newest (2.3.0(r7)).

>Klaus imgrund <address@hidden>:
> I had the same -only once though- and it was the router.After a reset at
> the router everything was fine.Those things can only handle so many
> connections and recover generally not gracefully from overload.
> Also - the router from the ISP crashed but the netgear router that
> handles the internal part was just fine ;-)

It's the NAPT table. If you reset the that table (advanced
options-->NAPT-->napt table) all works fine, but after that this table is
full in few minutes.

If it's a bug of SpeedStream, it's a NAPT table bug: the NAPT assigments are
not deleted. But perhaps it's a bug of mldonkey.
What do you think?

I discover that we have this bug:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=7763

This bug is closed. Why?. What are its solution?
What solution do you have?. Buying another router?. What?
Why this behaviour does not happen with xmule/amule....?

Thanks,
Xan.