Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?

From: Sylvain LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 17:18:44 +0200

Hello,

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 04:51:49PM +0200, spiralvoice wrote:
> On So 08 Aug 2004 02:47:19p Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
>
> > It has already happens that people using mldonkey fill a
> > bugs that prevent mldonkey version X to go into testing because
> > they think mldonkey was too buggy...
>
> Hi,
>
> well, 2-5-2x is too buggy... IMHO
>
> I am thinking about a way for the future: why not release current CVS
> in Debian unstable like before and have a permanent bugreport for it
> which blocks current CVS from replacing a working version in testing?
> Then it is up to the maintainer to decide when current CVS hits
> testing.
>
> - spiralvoice

Yeah, what i propose is to release the version 2.5.24 in unstable. I
cannot make an RC bugs before it hits testing -- this should prevent
ocaml to hits testing. What i can make is to let mldonkey hits testing,
after this we should decide if we release 2.5.25 ( or 2.6 ) or go back
to 2.5.16... I will contact FTP master of debian to allow this.

It will require a lot of patching stuff to make a patch which can allow
2.5.16 or 2.5.21 to build with ocaml 3.08.

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall