Re: [Mldonkey-users] Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 08:43:46 -0500

On Sun, 2004-08-08 at 14:47 +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Current debian version is 2.5.21. Letting user test new version also
> helps upstream to debug those new version. The migration from unstable
> to testing is dependent from bugs fills against the package. It has
> already happens that people using mldonkey fill a bugs that prevent
> mldonkey version X to go into testing because they think mldonkey was
> too buggy...

Obviously, the decision is yours to make, but I think both distro's have
policy documents that are clearly contradictory.

http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-
resources.en.html#s4.6.4
Whenever there is a new upstream version of a package that introduces
new features but breaks a lot of old ones, it should either not be
uploaded, or be uploaded to experimental. A new, beta, version of some
software which uses a completely different configuration can go into
experimental, at the maintainer's discretion. If you are working on an
incompatible or complex upgrade situation, you can also use experimental
as a staging area, so that testers can get early access.

I guess thats about all I can say.  And I guess that we also have a
responsibility to the networks we unleash developmental clients unto.

--
Curtis Magyar