[Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?

From: spiralvoice
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Re: Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 13:28:04 +0200

On So 08 Aug 2004 05:11:50p Sylvain LE GALL wrote:

> Anyway, as you said it is up to me to choose which version i
> release... But it comes from the interaction with user -- who
> wants new release...

Hi,

and others won´t:

Curtis Magyar wrote:
> Please don't put unstable (AKA thoroughly-untested) stuff into
> Debian.

The problem is most users don´t know for themselves if a new version is
better then the older version and lots of them update everything when
it comes out, they have to live with the problems arising of this;-)

Taking Curtis seriously would mean to advise him to use Debian Woody,
but I know he will not be happy with that;-)

You wrote:

> It will require a lot of patching stuff to make a patch which can
> allow 2.5.16 or 2.5.21 to build with ocaml 3.08.

My current patchpack for 2-5-16 builds with Ocaml 3.07+2 and all the
issues regarding Ocaml 3.08.0 are not solved yet, especially on Windows
platform. And 2.6 should IMHO not be released until it builds on
Windows platforms with Ocaml 3.08.0.

- spiralvoice