Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?

From: Tristan Seligmann
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Where are the .tar.gz of 2.5.23, 2.5.24 ?
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:40:03 +0200

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 17:11:50 +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 08:01:50AM -0500, Curtis Magyar wrote:
> > The same goes for Debian.  The last time I tried 2.5.2x, it had pretty
> > bad performance compared to 2.5.16, my sources filled up with thousands
> > of null clients.  Weird stuff like that.  I really don't want to give
> > the impression that I'm complaining in any way shape or form.  Most
> > projects have a stable and development tree, thats fine.  Unless
> > something has changed, 2.5.2x should be considered the devel tree at the
> > current time, should it not?

Since about 2.4.23/24, I have observed superior download / network
performance, especially on overnet; the problems plaguing earlier
versions seem to have mostly been resolved.

> Anyway, as you said it is up to me to choose which version i release...
> But it comes from the interaction with user -- who wants new release...

Unless you do some nontrivial patching, introducing 2.5.16 back into
unstable will cause all existing users to lose the partial blocks of
all downloads in progress; this doesn't seem like a particularly good
idea. Personally, I would far rather have 2.5.24+ be released with sarge
than 2.5.16.