nano-devel

Re: request for marking a search match

From: pepa65
Subject: Re: request for marking a search match
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 12:35:26 +0700

On 12/12/2020 20.48, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Attached two patches implement the behavior.  The first just selects the
> match,
> and shows the cursor at the start of the match.  But I find the presence of
> the
> cursor ugly.  So the second patch selects the match AND suppresses the cursor.
> The cursor is shown again as soon as it moves.

I don't see a difference in behaviour between the two, but maybe that's
because I have a blinking block cursor..? Either implementation would be
great.

I don't use the mark very much, so a softmark suits me fine, no problems
for me in these implementations, I really think it's an asset..! Even
just  search becomes much clearer.

Cheers,
Peter