nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] Re: Will nss-mysql help me?

From: Brad Stockdale
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Will nss-mysql help me?
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 10:16:02 -0400

Hello all,

I've been looking for an easy (relatively speaking) solution to storing the contents of /etc/{passwd|shadow|group} in a mysql database... The problem I have ran into several times is that sendmail/qpopper doesnt like this arrangement normally...

So, what i'm looking for is something to link into the PAM subsystem that basically emulates reterieving the data out of the etc files, but instead grabs them out of a mysql database...

I'm guessing that if it emulates the unix files well enough, that sendmail, qpopper, ssh, etc will be happy and I wont have to hack patches into them directly to support mysql authentication and such...

   Am I correct in thinking that nss-mysql will do what I am after?

Thanks in advance,
Brad