nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory

From: Brad Stockdale
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 15:44:12 -0400

At 03:35 PM 5/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:

Disclaimer: I am going to leave my office soon and won't have net access
until monday...

Thanks for the heads-up. Maybe I'll wait to horribly break my production mail server until monday. lol.

-1 in the correct column should make the passwd "unexpirable" (if that
word exists :) You can set this directly in nss-mysql-root.conf and see
what happens (shadow.expire_column = -1;). If it still does not work, it
would mean that your system is configured to refuse passwords that
cannot expire. I've never seen that, I am not even sure it is possible.

Ok. I'll check that next. I tried setting the column to -1, but I didnt check in the conf file if it was setup for -1 to identify an unexpirable password.

Do you use "su user" or "su - user" ? If you use the former, it is
normal, if you use the latter, that is weird. Check your configuration,
check your auth log where nss-mysql logs every error.

I've tried both... They both do the same thing... Just gives me the bash-2.05$ prompt and doesnt go to the home directory... I'll mess with it some more on my test box and see what I can get figured out.

Thanks so much for your help so far!

Brad