nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Will nss-mysql help me?

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Will nss-mysql help me?
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:35:19 -0400

Hey Brad,

Dans un message du 02 May à 10:16, Brad Stockdale écrivait :
>    I'm guessing that if it emulates the unix files well enough, that
> sendmail, qpopper, ssh, etc will be happy and I wont have to hack
> patches into them directly to support mysql authentication and such...
>
>    Am I correct in thinking that nss-mysql will do what I am after?

Well, more or less. :)

nss-mysql is an NSS plugin. It retrieves information from a MySQL
database transparently via the UNIX API. That means that the application
(sendmail/qpopper) won't even know if it reads in a MySQL database. It
looks like it is what you need.

But you mentionned PAM in your message. If you're really looking for a
PAM module, nss-mysql is not for you.

HTH.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

    If it doesn't work, force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.