nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory

From: Brad Stockdale
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Home directory
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 15:59:18 -0400

-1 in the correct column should make the passwd "unexpirable" (if that
word exists :) You can set this directly in nss-mysql-root.conf and see
what happens (shadow.expire_column = -1;). If it still does not work, it
would mean that your system is configured to refuse passwords that
cannot expire. I've never seen that, I am not even sure it is possible.

Okay, that fixed the password expiration problem... Thanks!

Now, as far as the home directory problem... Once again, very odd... When I su with either form of the command, it just gives me the bash-2.05$ prompt as before. However, if I type cd, it WILL go to the users home directory, just as I would expect. It just doesnt automagically go there... The only reason this concerns me is that a lot of our email users have procmail files in place, and if procmail wouldnt be able to find the users home directory, then it wouldnt be able to run the procmail scripts... None of the users who will be authing via mysql are login users... just POP/SMTP

Thanks again, and have a good weekend.

Brad

HTH.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

      A part of me left that only you knew will never be understood (RHCP)