nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] General nss-mysql questions...

From: Michael Chang
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] General nss-mysql questions...
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 18:20:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 May 2003, Guillaume Morin wrote:

|> > Furthermore, how can I integrate the modification of user account
information
|> > with nss-mysql?
|> > Am I assuming correctly that I must write my own versions of, say,
|> > `usermod', `useradd' and `chfn'?
|>
|> Yes, just like NIS provides yppasswd etc.

Okay, not a problem.  I just needed to know where to start and what I should be
spending my time on.  My migration script is finished, and all of my users and
groups have been moved over to various database tables.  So far, so good.  It
all seems to be working seamlessly.  The only remaining question I have is
this: why is handle_query() in group.c returning ENOENT?  I see this in my
debug log output. It's not using any files, so either it's returning ENOENT
for backwards compatibility with the 'files' NSS service or... I don't know.
Anyway, that's only minor.  I'll let you know how it works out.  I have to
beta this whole thing first before I put it into production.

|> Regards,
|>
|> Guillaume.

Thanks,
Michael

--
/* BEGIN SIG
*
* "Afraid of change, afraid of staying the same,
*  when temptation calls, we just look away."
*  - Barenaked Ladies
*
* "He started writing in mirror writing, 'Help! I'm
*  trapped behind the world.'"
*  - New York State Journal of Medicine
*
* Michael Chang