Octal?

From: Lars Luthman
Subject: Octal?
Date: Mon Nov 27 10:12:01 2000

Hello!

I found out about Octal a couple of weeks ago, and I think it sounds
very interesting. Unfortunately I haven't been able to compile it on my
schools computers (it complains about some missing header files), and
I've been computerless for a while (but not for much longer, I hope), so
all I know is what I've read on the webpage and in the OX API. What's
the current status of the code? Can it be used to make music?

I've used Buzz before and I really liked it, but since I changed to
Linux I haven't found anything that is as powerful and as easy to use as
Buzz is. Will Octal be anything like it?

And finally: is there anything I can do to help? I don't have much spare
time now, and I'm not any kind if programming guru, but this project
sounds really really interesting.

--ll