pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [OT] Statistical word analysis?

From: James Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [OT] Statistical word analysis?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:30:10 +0000 (GMT)

On 12 Apr 2002, Aristotle wrote:

> That's criminal!!!!!!
>
> In Australia we actually have - I kid you not - a 'whopping' 300Mb
> allowance on some ADSL accounts with Telstra!!!!  What a joke!
> Broadband has been a complete flop in this country.
>
> Imagine that - "Well kids - we have a whopping 20 seconds of live Net
> video a month - I think we got our $70 / month worth!!!"  Get real
>
> 10GB - I drool over that!!!
>
> Unlimited?!?!?!?!?!?!
>
> Where are you and how do I get citizenship????

Here in the UK we are capped as to how much we can download (as far as
I know, last read the AUP a couple of weeks ago), but we are capped as to
how fast 64K down 8K up. (figures in Bytes not bits). i think i
downloaded about 20 Gig last month. My provider seems to want to attract
Gamers here, so kind of has a don't ask don't tell policy! I alway did
wonder why they carried many binary groups that obviously only have
content that breaks there AUP. I guess they figure its better people
download from their server than fill up the netlinks to other providers.

Its quite nice, they tolerate linux and home LANs in the same matter, so
long as you don't cause hassle you can have have one. If you do you can't!

James