pan-users

[Pan-users] [OT] Commercial news servers

From: Aristotle
Subject: [Pan-users] [OT] Commercial news servers
Date: 12 Apr 2002 22:43:48 +0930

WAS off topic - anyone who does not like off topic subjects - put in a
filter for [OT] in the subject header to trash!

What I was referring to in the first place was actually commercial news
servers.  I have heard (in the USA - no here in Net deprived Australia)
of commercial news servers that offer unlimited access, etc - because it
is all local traffic so they don't care!!!  I would love something like
that - just go nuts on the binary groups and all that you like!!!!!
Mirror the damn thing if you have the time and the inclination.

I have been looking around for this kind of service - I would more than
happily pay for it considering how crap our Net services is in
Australia.  What the hell is one going to do with a 'whopping' 1 GB on
the 'deluxe' account???  I can download 10GB per month just on my 56K
modem!!!!  What a joke is that??  We have UNMETRED 56Kb modem ISP's and
incredibly harsh limits on broadband?  It's enough to make me want to
migrate when I hear of the Net paradise that some of my American
brethren have.