pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Changing quickkeys

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Changing quickkeys
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:51:25 -0700

On Wed 22 Jan 2003 09:49, Eric Ortega posted as excerpted below:
>  Furthermore, the compose widget gives no indication of whether or not I'm
> writing an email or a post.

Sure it does.  Is the mailto line filled in, or the newsgroups line?  You
don't even have to read what the content is (altho that's always wise, in
case somebody set it to dev.null or some spammer or troll group, or a group
under attack by the meow brigade or something), just which line it's on.
Once you know the line positions, you don't even need to read the label on
the line, as the position of the text content immediately tells you where it
is going, mail or news.

Still, I understand how nice it is to be able to get customized hotkeys
working, and will respond to that momentarily...

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin