pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Changing quickkeys

From: Eric Ortega
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Changing quickkeys
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 16:15:48 -0800

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 04:51:25PM -0700, Duncan wrote:
> On Wed 22 Jan 2003 09:49, Eric Ortega posted as excerpted below:
> >  Furthermore, the compose widget gives no indication of whether or not I'm
> > writing an email or a post.
>
> Sure it does.  Is the mailto line filled in, or the newsgroups line?

Ah, I see!  I looked all over but didn't notice the way the lines were
previously filled out.  I'm not used to these graphical thingies.  :)

> Once you know the line positions, you don't even need to read the label on
> the line, as the position of the text content immediately tells you where it
> is going, mail or news.

I didn't understand that the same widget was intentionally used for both,
as in, that you could both email and post the same thing.

I thought we were just recycling the widget for different purposes.  I
would have painted one green or something to make it obvious that this
would be just an email if that were the case.  I see how it's being done
now, though.

There's just nothing more annoying than posting a private email or vice
versa.  Seriously.