pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Changing quickkeys

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Changing quickkeys
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:49:25 -0700

On Wed 22 Jan 2003 17:15, Eric Ortega posted as excerpted below:
> There's just nothing more annoying than posting a private email or vice
> versa.  Seriously.

Absolutely!  In fact, altho I post with a real address, used for news replies
only, it's heavily munged, and in ordered to get past the filter, a keyword
must be inserted on the subject line in just the right way.  In addition, I
use replytogroup.please as the munging, so they'll see that if they try to
mail me, either originally or in the bounce.  I use PAN's custom header
feature to insert x-munging header lines with demunging and keyword insertion
instructions, then mention those in my sig.  (I had to do it that way to keep
the sig under the max 4 line guideline.)  In addition, since I filter any
HTML mail out for security and anti-spam reasons, I use the x-munging headers
to warn about that, as well.  It's a lot of hoops to go thru, yes, but from
my perspective, that's actually a GOOD thing, as I don't want mail replies
unless they REALLY have a thing about posting whatever reply to the group.

As well, I've been known to kill filter folks, in both news and mail, for tar
mailing me stuff that would have been better in the group, or trivial stuff
that I don't want to deal with.  All those hoops mean I don't do that so
much, any more, as they usually get the message.  (B4 I subscribed to these
mailing lists, in support of news, I'd often go a week or two at a time
between checking mail, while I normally check news several times a day, and
reply to stuff there first, anyway.  Thus, a news reply gets a far faster
response, anyway.)

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin