pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] cursor going crazy in Pan

From: Paul O'Donnell
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] cursor going crazy in Pan
Date: 07 Feb 2003 16:32:02 -0500

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 13:13, Eric Ortega wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:06:13PM -0500, Paul O'Donnell wrote:
>
> > Every once in a while, more lately than before, my cursor goes crazy and
> > starts backing up erasing everything when I am composing a usenet post.
>
> HA!  Your computer is possessed.
>

> > I am slowly becoming and Xemacs user,
>
> Why?  Stop now 'cuz vim is more better.  heheh
>

> > so the palm of my hand is learning to be ready to press
> > ctrl or meta key sequences, and I think this happens when I accidentally
> > press one of these keys. This really is driving me nuts. Has anyone else
> > had this problem and what have you done to solve it aside from pressing
> > Ctrl-c. Sometimes it goes forward as well adding my most recent
> > character over and over again.
>
> Are you using the default editor or XEmacs when composing?
>
> I don't think this is a common problem as we probably would have seen
> someone else mention it before.  Sounds dramatic.

Actually I am not using XEmacs when it happens. I am just composing in
Pan. The only reason I mentionned XEmacs at all is because that is the
reason that the palm of my hand that I am using to press the ctrl key is
likely to either press ctrl or alt when what I intended was shift. It
was only meant as an explation of why I might have entered and bizarre
key sequence to make this happen. I think this backspacing is strange
behaviour in any case and I think maybe it happened in my mail program
(Evolution as well). Perhaps the problem has nothing to do with Pan at
all. I am running Gnome and a little confused about the clipboard. I
understand that not all applications use the XClipboard and I think Pan
is one of these as I can't cut, copy and paste between applications.

Paul