pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.3.93 "My Bloody Valentine"

From: Torstein Sunde
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.13.3.93 "My Bloody Valentine"
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 01:35:55 +0100

Lee Reynolds wrote:

> I don't know if it's my system, or a new feature of Pan, but has
> anyone else noticed that with the new .93 build (RedHat 8.0, compiled
> from tarball) that when you select a post by clicking on it, and then
> pressing the enter key to retrieve it, you get two different copies of
> the same article downloading at the same time?  I've checked the
> settings, and the box that chooses single click selects, rather than
> loads, headers is checked.

I also observe two tasks when doing what you describe.  When checking
the cache afterwards, only one article was stored, or one of them was
overwritten.  Thus I'm not sure if Pan actually executes two tasks, or
if it just displays the same task twice.

I don't see this behaviour if I choose save (Shift-S or Ctrl-S) instead,
or when I don't use "single-click selects".