pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request: configurable quoting character

From: Bobby D. Bryant
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request: configurable quoting character
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:03:23 -0600

On 2003.02.21 07:25:56 -0600 Charles Kerr wrote:

I guess the solution I like best for this is to remove Pan's ability
to treat anything other than '>' as a quote, because other quotes
cause trouble anyway.

I would rather have continued support for :, |, etc. as quote markers than have the occasional beginning-of-line smiley handled correctly. I see a smiley mis-parsed as a quote marker once every week or two, but I see the others *correctly* flagged as quotes multiple times per day.

Bobby Bryant
Ausitn, Texas