pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request: configurable quoting character

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Feature Request: configurable quoting character
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:44:44 -0700

On Fri 21 Feb 2003 07:03, Bobby D. Bryant posted as excerpted below:
> On 2003.02.21 07:25:56 -0600 Charles Kerr wrote:
> > I guess the solution I like best for this is to remove Pan's ability
> > to treat anything other than '>' as a quote, because other quotes
> > cause trouble anyway.
>
> I would rather have continued support for :, |, etc. as quote markers
> than have the occasional beginning-of-line smiley handled correctly.  I
> see a smiley mis-parsed as a quote marker once every week or two, but I
> see the others *correctly* flagged as quotes multiple times per day.

My thoughts on the subject, exactly.  If it's causing an individual problem,
the individual solution would be for said individual to change the characters
denoting quoted text, in the appropriate preferences location.  There's no
need to change PAN itself, for everyone else without the problem, when it's a
user setting, user changeable.

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin