pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] profiles

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] profiles
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 01:01:26 -0700

On Thu 08 May 2003 15:10, Frank Van Damme posted as excerpted below:
> can I bind a specific profile to a newsserver or a series of ng's (geek
> sigs only for computer groups, local newsgroups with a real email adresse
> instead of a junk email adresse)?

IIRC, that was a feature some versions ago.  However, one thing Charles can
NOT be accused of is letting little used features stay around as bloat (and I
don't really blame him, as SOMEONE has to maintain the code, and that
/someone/ is him), and it appears this was considered a "little used
feature".  (Well, either that, or it got moved to a non-intuitive to me
anyway, location, and I don't see it either.)

I wasn't using it presently but had back with OE on MSWormOS in the past, and
find that a rather handy feature to have.  Thus, I find the loss of it rather
bewildering here as well, as it seems to /useful/ a feature to have, to just
out and delete it.  Fortunately, Charles also isn't to proud to reverse
course and put a feature he THOUGHT was little used, back in, when enough
folks want it back, so hopefully, this can be reinstated.

Charles?

--
Duncan
Benjamin Franklin