pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] profiles

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] profiles
Date: 11 May 2003 14:48:58 +0200

On Sun, 2003-05-11 at 00:01, Duncan wrote:

> Well, it's sort of still there, in that you can still create profiles, and
> you
> can use different ones for mail and news, by checking the default for mail
> and the default for news boxes as appropriate.  Unfortunately, there appears
> to be no way to use anything OTHER that the default for news, in a particular
> group or on a particular server.

What do you mean by 'use' ? When composing a message, you can pick one
of the defined profiles. The default profile is the last profile used
within that group, or the default for news/mail, depending on whether
you're posting or mailing. As far as I can remember, this hasn't changed
since I originally implemented this.

> AFAIK, it was a per-server setting b4.

Not to my recollection. What version of Pan would that have been?

Regards,
Christophe