pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New mailing list for contributions to documentation? (Wa

From: Torstein Sunde
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 17:40:46 +0200

Christophe Lambin wrote:
> [...] The default profile is the last profile used within that group,
> or the default for news/mail, depending on whether you're posting or
> mailing. [...]

Another useful feature in Pan that people are unaware of because
there's no manual or documentation (apart from the FAQ and a few help
menus)...

Since questions about non-obvious features are quite often answered
on this mailing list and on usenet, what if we created a separate
mailing list "pan-documentation" where people could send a copy of
their replies when they answer such questions?  This could be a
useful contribution to a future manual (and to the FAQ), using a
"bottom-up" approach.

Preferably, postings to "pan-documentation" should be rephrased to
fit directly into the manual or FAQ.  The subject field should
reflect the topic in the documentation, and use words that make
searching easy.  (Not "Problems with Pan" or whatever the original
poster wrote.)

A manual created this way won't be complete, but it would cover
issues that users have problems figuring out by themselves.