pan-users

[Pan-users] pan 0.14.2 - Freezing

From: Budman
Subject: [Pan-users] pan 0.14.2 - Freezing
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:21:57 -0400

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest release.  No problem with the install,
however I notice when I'm downloading, the system is spiking nearly 90%
or higher - taking over anything I'm working on, including moving the
mouse, playing MP3s, going to web pages ...  everything comes to a
complete halt, frozen, and choppy.

I upgraded from 0.14.96 and did not experience any problems like this.

I also had a run away Index - it had a total of 650,000 articles - that
it would load every single time - locking the system until it was
complete.  I ended up manually deleting the idx files and then download
the articles again.  This resolved the large index count.

Any idea what I can try or look at why all of a sudden pan has become a
major resource hog?

Thanks.
Rich

--