pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: pan 0.14.2 - Freezing

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: pan 0.14.2 - Freezing
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 10:44:40 -0700

Budman posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:46:10 -0400:

> It appears I have 3 different UDMA modes that were
> causing the problems.  33/66/100 and a cdrom.
>
> Now the drives are smoking and faster responding.

Hopefully that "smoking" is in the figurative sense!  <g>

BTW, I've seen a recent discussion on problems with UDMA 100s of some
brands on the NVidia chipset mobos.  The thread was on the Mandrake Cooker
list, so I don't know if it's a problem on other distribs, but it does
have to do with the 2.4.22 (Mdk) kernels, not .21 and previous.  Whether
it applies to the Marcelo kernel I don't know, but might be the issue U
experienced if U R on an NVidia chipset board and a .22 kernel.

Benjamin Franklin