pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan crashes when replying to long msg

From: Charlie Law
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan crashes when replying to long msg
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:16:14 +0000

On 01/30/2005 10:48:20 AM, Duncan wrote:
Does this happen when you hit the send button, or when you go to
reply,
before it pops up the compose window?
[snip]
Thus, if it's when you hit send, see if it's perhaps due to something
PAN
may be triggering a warning on, long lines, x-posting, top-posting,
etc.
If so, you have the same problem I do, but should be able to work
around
it by correcting whatever is causing the warning first.  I'd like to
know
if so, as it might help me trace things down.  (I haven't tried much,
yet,
but I suspect it might be the latest gtk+ upgrade I did.)

If it's locking up when it tries to pop up the compose window,
/before/
you've put in your reply, that's something different.  I haven't the
foggiest.

Thanks, Duncan, for your helpful reply. Yes, it happens when I hit send. And, yes, it's at the very time that a warning should appear about lengthy quotes. I know this because when I tried testing Pan on my wife's Mepis installation, that's what happened.

But on my Slackware system (gtk+ version 2.6.1, in case you're wondering), I get a lockup instead of a warning.

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer to resolve this. Everytime it happens I decide I have to stop using Pan, but then after a few days of using the alternatives, I always come back to Pan, because it's the best (except for this glitch, which may not be Pan's fault after all).