pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan crashes when replying to long msg

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Pan crashes when replying to long msg
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:15:39 -0700

Duncan posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
on Sun, 30 Jan 2005 09:50:51 -0700:

> Charlie Law posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on
> Sun, 30 Jan 2005 15:35:05 +0000:
>
>> I downgraded from gtk+ v. 2.6.1 to v. 2.4.3, and now the problem has
>> gone away.
>
> Aye, gtk+ it looks like, then, and it's apparently any warning that
> triggers the problem, which isn't surprising.
>
> FWIW, I'm running gtk+-2.6.1-r1 (that's Gentoo revision one, the first
> release being revision 0), on AMD64, so it's cross-arch, and gtk+-2.6.1 is
> pretty much implicated.  I think I have a couple old binary packages I can
> downgrade to and see what happens.  I can also try recompiling PAN against
> the current gtk+, and see if that fixes it.
>
> However, it'll likely be tomorrow when I get to it.

Well, I did try my old binary packages.  gtk+-2.4.14 appears to be the
latest in the 2.4 series, anyway.  I switched back to it and tested and
sure enough, it now works.

seeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseeseesee?

I'll try switching back to 2.6.1-r1 later, and then recompile PAN, and see
if that fixes it or not.

Benjamin Franklin