pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Starting Pan?

From: David Kelly
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Starting Pan?
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 18:28:45 -0500

On Jun 10, 2005, at 4:14 PM, beartooth wrote:

If you once go into Tools > Servers > Add and set up all the servers you
follow, after that you just click on Servers, and click on the one you
want next. I often go back and forth between two, or even two plus for
instance my Sent folder, with never any problem.

Not only that but Pan will hold connections to more than one server at a time. Start a binary download on one server, go browse and download from another before the first is complete.

What would be sweet would be if Pan were capable of comparing two servers in order to complete a file download with missing parts. What I have found is if something is broken bad enough that Pan can't write the file and the task sticks in the task queue that I can download the same file/messages from another server and reuse most of what is in Pan's cache. Only *then* remove the stopped task from the queue.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, address@hidden