pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Starting Pan?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Starting Pan?
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 02:22:00 -0700

Felix Karpfen posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Mon, 13 Jun 2005 06:44:27 +1000:

> My Pan is currently configured to "download new headers when starting
> Pan".  I was trying to download the new headers in _all_ the subscribed
> groups in one hit.

Ahh... better understood, now, I think!  =8^)

Newsgroups menu, Get new headers in subscribed groups (as opposed to
simply Get new headers  -- in current group).

Do note that if you have multiple servers configured, PAN still treats
each one separately, so you'll need to switch to each server and "Get new
headers in subscribed groups".

Also note... the keyboard shortcuts are customizable.  If you don't like
what's assigned to an operation, delete it and assign your own shortcut.
Hovering over the desired item with your mouse (as if you were about to
click it), the "delete" key can be used to delete the current assignment,
so it can be used elsewhere, and just about any other sequence will assign
that key+modifiers (shift, ctrl, alt) to that function.  The exceptions
are (unmodified) keys already used in the menu for menu accelerator
functionality. To assign these, you must edit the hotkeys file directly.
It's in PAN's data dir, along with the rest of PAN's config.  I've
remapped enough of my layout that I can't be sure what's standard
shortcuts and what's not, any more.  Thus, there's no way I'd know the
shift-ctrl-U shortcut Artur mentioned, since here, "a" is my shortcut to
update the single group only, and "shift-a" updates all subscribed groups.