pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan v0.14.2.91 crashing X hard (black screen)/messin

From: Phillip Pi
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Pan v0.14.2.91 crashing X hard (black screen)/messing up NVIDIA card badly...
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 14:51:01 -0700

> .... <snip>
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running KDE 3.4 on a 6800 GT and still using pan 0.14.91.
> I felt adventurous and did load the newsgroup from gignews as mentioned by
> you.  PAN crashed badly but X stayed up :-)
>
> KDE: 3.4.2
> X org: 6.8.2
> Nvidia: 6800 gt, driver 8762
> Kernel 2.6.17.11
> Distro: slack 10.2
> Newsserver giganews.com

> I was able to get some gdb output, pointing to a specific article:

Nice! What about the newer Pan versions (v0.109)? Do they crash too?

Mine still crashes hard. Interesting. I tried something else. Instead of using
page down
to get to the probematic thread, I used my down arrow key. If I scroll down one
by one (fast or
slow), no crash. It seems page down to get a chunk make the crash. See if your
Pan still crashes
if you use arrow keys.