pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan v0.14.2.91 crashing X hard (black screen)/messing up

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan v0.14.2.91 crashing X hard (black screen)/messing up NVIDIA card badly...
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 20:23:06 +0000 (UTC)

Phillip Pi <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 26 Aug
2006 18:45:50 -0700:

> I believe old Pan and tin use the same method because when I clear posts
> that I read, I do not see the old posts. I do not use multiple news
> servers, only giganews.com.
>
> It would be nice if we can tell newer Pan which method to use. Here's
> the thing. I use tin for text reading. Pan for binary stuff. :) That's
> why I use both for one .newsrc file.

Since you are using only a single server, the newsrcs should be entirely
compatible.  The new-pan version should be in its data dir as newsrc-1, so
just symlink that to your common location and it should be fine.  (Of
course, it's always a good idea to have a backup copy when testing such
things in case something blows up.)