pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan v0.14.2.91 crashing X hard (black screen)/messing up

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan v0.14.2.91 crashing X hard (black screen)/messing up NVIDIA card badly...
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 01:38:02 +0000 (UTC)

Phillip Pi <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 26 Aug
2006 16:52:02 -0700:

> Yeah, but the new one is limited to me. :( I wonder if I can compile the
> old Pan and keep it separated. Can both versions share the .newsrc
> safely with Tin?

If you have only a single server, they should.  New-pan uses a newsrc per
server, while old-pan had one for all servers IIRC.  I have no idea what
tin uses.

Also note that the scorefiles are different, altho both are based on
slrn's scorefile.  New-pan is closer to it, while old-pan is closer to the
xnews mod, in that xnews took regexs in the group line, while new-pan only
takes *-wildcard style expressions (still case insensitive as xnews,
however).

Just make sure you keep a backup of any file you share...