pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006

From: Dave
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006.10.07.0
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 01:15:12 +0100

On Saturday 07 October 2006 11:45, Duncan wrote:
> Please, anyone interested in being able to attach files to pan posts who
> has KDE installed, try pan-attach-kd.  I worked hard on it, and unlike the
> admittedly extremely crude pan-attach, the kdialog version should be
> actually decently usable for humans. =8^)  Feedback is welcomed.

Excellent!

Just tried it with an attachment in uu and yenc format and both worked just
fine after editing and moving my sig.

Is there a way to insert the encoded file before the sig?  Pan refuses to post
the article stating the sig is waaaaay to0 big.  No real problem though.

I'm happy that it works :-)

I would imagine the only real problem might be for those who need to post a
bigger file than their news server allows in a single article.  That said, I
don't need to do that anyway.  My need is to post the odd photo now and then
to an internal ISP newsgroup.  This script of yours is perfect for that.

Thanks for all the work.

--
Dave