pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006

From: Jack Cuyler
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: pan-attach and pan-attach-kd, version 0.0.2006.10.07.0
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:16:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:00:17 +0000, Jack Cuyler wrote:

> This patch will strip out the sig and add it back in at the end (although
> the latter part is commented out, as I'm not sure if that will break
> anything)

And looks like I found a typo.  Two, actually.

> +sed -n -e '1,/-- /p' ${TEMPFILE} |\
> +grep -v ^'-- ' > ${BODYFILE}

The regex should have a ^ in there, like so:

 +sed -n -e '1,/^-- /p' ${TEMPFILE} |\

Likewise, this

> +#sed -n -e '/-- /,//p' ${TEMPFILE} >> ${BODYFILE}

Should be:

 +#sed -n -e '/^-- /,//p' ${TEMPFILE} >> ${BODYFILE}

Other than that, it should work.  The first sed statement will return
everything before the first line beginning with "-- "  The second sed
statement will return the first line beginning with "-- " and
everything after.  The carrots will take care of lines that contain, but
don't begin with, a sig delimiter.  If there is no sig delimiter, the
first statement will return the entire text and the second statement will
return nothing.

--
Cheers,
Jack

NEXT TIME IT COULD BE ME ON THE SCAFFOLDING
NEXT TIME IT COULD BE ME ON THE SCAFFOLDING
NEXT TIME IT COULD BE ME ON THE SCAFFOLDING
NEXT TIME IT COULD BE ME ON THE SCAFFOLDING

        Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 2F12