pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [0.127] yenc decoding bug?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [0.127] yenc decoding bug?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 22:28:58 +0000 (UTC)

Charles Kerr <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 14 Apr 2007
13:40:58 -0500:

> walt wrote:
>
>> Oops, I forgot that setting 'sticks' -- and I don't remember changing
>> it, but I guess I must have.
>>
>> What do you think about adding an optional <string
>> name='save-article-mode' value='save-attachments'/> to a group's
>> preferences which would override the global setting?
>
> Honestly I doubt there's that much overlap between users who save
> articles as text and those who save attachments.  But I could be wrong.

Well, I'm one, tho I certainly do text most regularly (but don't save
text very often, I mail it to myself to save text, or leave it marked
unread if it's temporary).

Still, I don't particularly like the idea.  I'd much /rather/ have the
old idea back, separate direct-save (binary, to the last or default
location for the group) and save-as (with the usual choices).

Several have requested it, tho I'm not sure if it's bugged.  Here, I do
the download to cache and then batch-process saving a bunch at a time to
subdirs, so I don't use the default save as much as some do, but I'd
still use it some, and certainly miss it.