pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: [0.127] yenc decoding bug?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: [0.127] yenc decoding bug?
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:05:33 -0500

walt wrote:

As long as I'm making demands on poor Charles:  for similar reasons I'd
like to be able to display the 'Uncooked' post with the Ctrl-U command
as implemented in the mozilla family of programs.

That sounds nice on paper, but how do you actually implement it?

We still have to get the message into UTF-8 in order for gtk+ to
render it. so anything that's not already UTF-8-safe will have to be
'cooked' either by stripping out pieces or converting them.  If the
headers are good conversion should is easy, but otherwise you fall
back on heuristics... in other words, what the body pane does already.

Charles